Font size under X; question

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 8 23:26:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 10:02:01AM -0400, Jamon Camisso wrote

> Are your fonts at 96dpi? Not sure if this will help you, though it
> certainly improved things for me moving from Gnome to KDE.

  How do I do it for all apps, versus going into the options for each
app?

> Putting the following line in the monitor section of your xorg.conf (not
> sure about XFree) and restarting X should make your fonts much more legible:
>
> DisplaySize	423	318  	# 1600x1400 96dpi
>
> This line comes from the following:
>
> displaysize = <pixelsize>/96*25.4

  Where did you find that... pretty please?  It's *NOT* found in
"man xorg.conf".  Is there a man page somewhere that I've missed?  It
has improved things to the point where I might consider staying at
1600x1200 permanently.

My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca