video-audio out of sync

Franco Saliola saliola-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 8 22:56:05 UTC 2005

On 8/6/05, Steve <bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I just installed Ubuntu 5.04 a few days ago. Everything seems great
> except for when playing mpeg video. Originally the video itself was
> choppy using totem-gstreamer, then I changed to totem-xine and the
> video is now smooth. However it is out of sync with the audio (about
> 1/2 second, I think).

Hello Steve.

I am having similar experiences on Ubuntu 5.04. Previously I was
running Debian and had no problems. Now mplayer is almost useless:
slow playback for DVDs, mpegs, .... Before I was using mplayer-1.0pre5
but the current installed version is pre7. So I'm not sure if
reverting to pre5 would fix it. I haven't tried it yet.

Franco