Monitor correction chart?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 8 17:31:36 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 08:44:18PM +0300, Peter wrote:
> There are ICCM color profiles for monitors. I am almost sure that higher
> end X servers support this. But I have seen no trace of that in XFree86.
>
> LCD monitors very rarely manage to render colors with sufficient
> precision for photo work. Move your head a little and the colors shift.

Maybe liblcms would work?

After all it is more of an application thing than an X server thing.

Package: liblcms-utils
Section: utils
Installed-Size: 152
Maintainer: Shiju p. Nair <shiju.p-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: lcms
Version: 1.13-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4), libjpeg62, liblcms1 (>= 1.08-1), libtiff4, zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.1)
Filename: pool/main/l/lcms/liblcms-utils_1.13-1_i386.deb
Size: 37672
MD5sum: 2f8cbea7e6ab2a7a978c31bf28a782e7
 lcms is a standalone CMM engine, which deals with the color management.
 It implements a fast transformation between ICC profiles. The intention
 of it is to be portable across several platforms. This package contains
 additional utilities(jpegicc and tifficc) which comes with lcms.
Tag: role::sw-utility

Lennart Sorensen