video-audio out of sync

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 8 15:57:57 UTC 2005

On 8/7/05, Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Steve wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just installed Ubuntu 5.04 a few days ago. Everything seems great
> > except for when playing mpeg video. Originally the video itself was
> > choppy using totem-gstreamer, then I changed to totem-xine and the
> > video is now smooth. However it is out of sync with the audio (about
> > 1/2 second, I think).
> >
> > I never had this problem in Fedora.
> >
> > I'm using an Asus A7N8X-X board with AMD 2500+ & 512MB RAM. I'm using
> > the onboard sound with this motherboard.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated... I've spent hours searching the net
> > and haven't found a solution yet.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > -Steve.
>
> Do you have dma enabled on your disc/drive? It makes a difference for
> DVD playback. Not sure about playing mpegs from hdd. I'm pretty sure
> Ubuntu has dma disabled by default for cd/dvd drives.

I have this problem even when watching an MPEG from the hard drive.
And there is no jittering in the video... it plays smooth, just that
the audio is delayed.

I've upgraded to the Ubuntu Nvidia video driver as well. Do you think
I should install the Nvidia NForce2 motherboard driver too?

--
Mozilla Firefox -rediscover the web-