Monitor correction chart?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 8 04:10:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 04:27:56AM +0300, Peter wrote

> If you calibrate the screen to the printer output all your edited files
> will only print right with your printer, with the paper you are using,

  What I was trying to say was... go out and buy (yes, pay cash) for

  1) a reference-chart/test-pattern printout that is guaranteed correct
  2) the digital file that was used to generate the reference-chart

...and then load the digital file (gif, jpeg, whatever) with any viewer
program and twiddle knobs as necessary until what I see on the screen
matches what I see on the paper.

My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca