Mission impossible

Franco Saliola saliola-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 8 00:35:31 UTC 2005

On 8/4/05, teddymills <teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Remember how in Mission Impossible 1, there was a keystroke logger?
> Well not really...but i need to install a keystroke logger on a Linux
> Redhat/Fedora Core server.

Are you sure you want a keystroke logger? This is not a very nice
thing to do to your users. I'd be mad as hell if someone did this to
me without my knowledge as my passwords, gpg key, financial
information, etc. would be compromised.

If what you are really interested in is the commands that have been
executed and not the keystrokes, then you should look into "process
accounting". It logs commands exectuted by users.

Franco