video-audio out of sync

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 7 02:19:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just installed Ubuntu 5.04 a few days ago. Everything seems great
except for when playing mpeg video. Originally the video itself was
choppy using totem-gstreamer, then I changed to totem-xine and the
video is now smooth. However it is out of sync with the audio (about
1/2 second, I think).

I never had this problem in Fedora.

I'm using an Asus A7N8X-X board with AMD 2500+ & 512MB RAM. I'm using
the onboard sound with this motherboard.

Any help would be appreciated... I've spent hours searching the net
and haven't found a solution yet.

Thanks.

-Steve.
--