KDE Sound

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 6 01:21:34 UTC 2005

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:18:08 -0400
interlug-list <interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 15:04, Howard Gibson wrote:
> >    I reinstalled Fedora Core 3 and got my sound card working again.
> > Now, it is not working again.
>
> The Fedoras start with alsa muted at times.  From a console try
> alsamixer.  If any of the "VU meters" have an M over them that channel
> is muted.

   Bingo!

   Exchange DAC must be turned off.  CD-ROM and the various other volumes must be turned on.  Various other buttons do stuff too.

   This this a Fedora thing, or KDE?  It screws up in KDE, although it may be something I launched.  I fixed this with alsamixer, and I have hacked with it since using kmix.  It is possible I can launch KDE without screwing everything up now.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org