Semi-OT: Cisco PIX VPN - Linux Boxes left out.

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 5 21:12:02 UTC 2005

> So the clients are given an internal ip.  does the VPN box do proper arp
> rules on how to respond to ping requests than linux does.  I find a
> broadcast ping on a subnet will get a response from all linux machines
> but very few windows machines.

Not sure what the answer to that is - this is my first experience
working with Cisco equipment.  I'd assume that it does handle arp
requests properly, but I can't be sure.

> How about ssh or anything else that isn't ICMP based?  Does that work?

Apparently not.  It almost looks like discrimination against linux (or
selective amnesia) but I'm sure it isn't.

When we pick this up again Monday morning, I'll try a broadcast ping
through a vpn connection.  Might turn something up.

--
- SGE