Semi-OT: Cisco PIX VPN - Linux Boxes left out.

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 5 20:48:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 04:38:50PM -0400, psema4 wrote:
> On the internal network, yes - with the exception of the VPN clients.
> When a vpn client connects, it uses it's internal network ip for it's
> gateway (which is on the same subnet as the windows/linux boxes we're
> trying to reach.)

So the clients are given an internal ip.  does the VPN box do proper arp
rules on how to respond to ping requests than linux does.  I find a
broadcast ping on a subnet will get a response from all linux machines
but very few windows machines.

> Inside the network (and without using the vpn connection) all boxes
> can ping each other.  The problem only shows up when connecting
> through the VPN client.

How about ssh or anything else that isn't ICMP based?  Does that work?

Lennart Sorensen