any suggestions for linux compatible laptop projector remote?

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 5 00:37:04 UTC 2005

I sent this out earlier and it appears to have fallen
down a TLUG black hole.... Anyway, I have been looking
into Linux Infared stuff for other reasons, and you
may want to look at:

   http://www.lirc.org

These people note where you can buy Linux compatible
IR receivers, as well as they offer plans for 4
different types of IR receivers (which their Linux
software supports). The receivers are (in order of
complexity/cost to build):

- A serial port receiver that is NOT fully RS-232
  compatible, but close enough it will work with MOST
  PCs (and VERY simple to build).
- A parallel port receiver (that plays tricks with the
  printer port).
- A serial port receiver that is FULLY RS-232
  compatible.
- A USB receiver (complex and far from simple to
  build).

Now, a few years ago I got two IR detectors (just the
detectors, not the parts that go around the detectors
to tie into a PC) from Sayle (one of the electronic
shops near Victoria Park and Steeles). I would like to
get some more similar detectors (as per the lirc.org
designs), but Sayle, Active (Components and Surplus),
etc. do not now seem to carry what I am after, anyone
know of a local source I have missed?

Colin McGregor