any suggestions for linux compatible laptop projector remote?

interlug-list interlug-vSRlqIl1h/9eoWH0uzbU5w at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 4 21:02:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 16:43, Colin McGregor wrote:

> Now, a few years ago I got two IR detectors (just the
> detectors, not the parts that go around the detectors
> to tie into a PC) from Sayle (one of the electronic
> shops near Victoria Park and Steeles). I would like to
> get some more similar detectors (as per the lirc.org
> designs), but Sayle, Active (Components and Surplus),
> etc. do not now seem to carry what I am after, anyone
> know of a local source I have missed?

Help me out with a part number?  Or a link to the appropriate schematic
on lirc.org?  I have a junk box full of stuff like IR diodes and IR
photo transistors, even a few integrated IR Rx modules.  That's a kind
of local source.

Otherwise, Active Surplus, and Supremetronic on Queen St W, Electrosonic
and Future Electronics on Gordon Baker Dr.  (Disclaimer, I haven't
checked these places in that last year or so, they may be gone.)

Or Digikey, which isn't local but is overnight.