Linux friendly hardware guy?

Marcus Brubaker marcus.brubaker-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 3 22:46:26 UTC 2005

JoeHill wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:53:01 GMT
>Rob Sutherland got hold of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
>

>>I don't have a UPS, alas. This all started after the power went out
>>

>Aaaaah, the joys of privatization! Lower prices and better service!
>
>Waitaminnit...

<offtopic>
To be fair, this is the joys of political wavering.  I won't argue that
privatization is a great idea for electricity, but Ontario's current
power woes have more to do with the fact that (figuratively speaking)
the night before things were to be privatized, the Conservative govt had
a changing of the guard, got cold feet and changed their minds.  The
result being a half-assed system that is worse than either the fully
government run system was or a fully privatized system would have been.

Combine that with a bad financial situation (thanks to the
Conservatives) and we have the current set of problems
</offtopic>

Marcus