KDE Sound

Howard Gibson hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 1 19:04:22 UTC 2005

   I reinstalled Fedora Core 3 and got my sound card working again.  Now, it is not working again.  I strongly suspect that something in KDE is crashing and locking it up, since everything worked until I tried out KDE.  Rebooting does not help.  The sound card is a C-Media CM8738.  I generally do not see error messages.

   I have eliminated the sound card as the source of the problem.  I am assuming that the /dev/dsp is locked or that there is a full buffer, but I cannot find anything.

--
Howard Gibson
hgibson-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
howardg-PadmjKOQAFn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org