Linux friendly hardware guy?

Rob Sutherland rob-HoWcdTCbwWKHoZZAE0nKLw at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 1 13:26:30 UTC 2005

Robert Brockway writes:

> If the original poster is confortable with the shell and doesn't need a
> GUI, passing "knoppix 2" [1] to the bootloader boots without a GUI (at
> least it has with all the version of Knoppix I've done this with).
>
> [1] Ie, passing run level 2 to the kernel.

Yep, tried that...actually, I've tried knoppix, suse, berry, the linux
rescue option on the centos install cds and tomsrtbt. Results vary, at times
I can boot up, other times it dies at different points. From what I've read
over the last couple of days and a few responses on the list, it seems this
is pretty consistent with a failing power supply, so I'm just going to get a
replacement and stick it in there. Which brings me back to what I was was
originally asking about - can anyone recommend a linux friendly hardware guy
in the downtown area?

Rob