Thunderbird is totally BORKED !

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 30 17:53:19 UTC 2005

Peter wrote:

> Meanwhiel imho don't hold your breath waiting for that ticket to be
> resolved, and filter spam. Any spam that comes in with duplicate id
> will nuke your bird or so I understand.

I'm sure you're right. One can only hope that such an easy-to-perpetrate
and paralyzing bug would receive immediate attention. When was the
ticket opened ?

On the bright side, as long as the offending dupe ID is filtered away
from your Inbox, your bird only goes into the oven on reading the folder
that contains them, so life can go on, as long as the offending folder
is avoided.
 djp