Thunderbird Slayer ! URGENT

Patrick Allen pallen3-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 30 17:20:18 UTC 2005

Peter wrote:

>If I get it right it's like this:
>
>- you save tlug messages to a certain folder all the time
>- for the last week or so opening that folder causes thunderbird to
>freeze

>yes ?

Actually, it happened yesterday.

Sorry for the formatting of this email.  The only way I could retrieve
it this morning was to open up the raw text file containing all the TLUG
emails.

I deleted the folder last night...not noticing that I had actually only
put it into the Trash folder.  Even though I was told they would no
longer be active upon folder deletion, my TLUG mail was filtered
directly into the Trash this morning.   :P

In the Process Table, thunderbird-bin jumps up to around 90% when I try
to open the TLUG folder.

This is the version I'm currently running.

version 1.0 (20041207)

I'm overdue for the big "update" on this box anyway.  But I'm curious
about what's happened here.  I'm going through the submitted bugs at
bugzilla.  But I haven't seen this one yet.

This is a bit of a n00b question; But is there a way I could track down
which process specifically is causing the problem?

Thanks,

Pat Allen