Thunderbird Slayer !

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 30 14:54:53 UTC 2005

Peter wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org wrote:
>
>> I'm surprised not to have found this googled around the world, surely
>> it's not tlug specific .. UNLESS .. one of you evil geniuses has
>> cooked up a poisoned SIG ... djp
>

> I may be guilty as charged but it was not 'cooked up' it was an
> accident (that only affects Thunderbird which I am not using). That
> was not supposed to happen [tm].

Guilty INDEED ! I may filter all your mail into a folder named
[GuyWhoHasThePowerToKillThunderbird]
Should you be stoned ? scorned ? ostrichsized ?
NO !

Your punishment, Peter, for disseminating mail header that made me (and
how many others?) nutz for a week and forced me to weed trough my mboxes
with vi for an hour, your punishment is do clearly document the
phenomenon and file official bug reports with Mozilla.

> No MUA is supposed to break if different messages have the same ID.

So true, but Thunderbird does and it's up to you to redeem yourself
[trumpets are heard over distant hills] GO FORTH,
Peter-of-the-poisoned-message-ID, and be known not only as
ThunderbirdSlayer [the clouds part, a shaft of golden sunlight beams
down] but take your place among the noble knights of the GTA-lug ! A
protector of those who don't really know how their MUA works, [birds
begin to twitter overhead, the animals emerge from the forest, blinking
with curiosity] but SMITE THIS VILE BUG with your MUA of pine ! [the
villagers gather at his feet, looking on with quiet adoration, Peter
seems 12 feet tall]  or we'll plonk ya !

> sorry,
> Peter

you BETTER be ;-) ,
djp