More Thunderbird woes

Peter plp-ysDPMY98cNQDDBjDh4tngg at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 30 07:02:53 UTC 2005

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Patrick Allen wrote:

> Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:09:19 -0400
> From: Patrick Allen <pallen3-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org>
> To: tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
> Subject: [TLUG]: More Thunderbird woes
>
> Greetings,
>
> I've been reading that others have had some problems with Thunderbird, and I
> thought I'd add what I've just experienced tonight.
>
> My setup has 3 accounts, all nicely divided into various folders.  The
> filters do their jobs very well and only rarely do I need to move anything
> "manually".
>
> My TLUG folder was by far the largest at over 8000 emails.  But there are no
> attachments, so the file size was only about 23M.

You should not allow the folder size to grow too much for any mailer. I
keep it split into pieces, like tlug tlug.0 tlug.1 etc.

I did not see any problems (I use pine) but it would be useful to enter
the folder with a text editor and look for messages with ID
"6d79206c6974746c-aAzQ54TRRcg11FJ3OCGpZIeKlevqwCZs at public.gmane.org" and delete them. You should be
able to do that with vim. The messages appear between 8.April and
29.April . The messages are originated by me ;-(. There was a problem
with the message-id generation in my system and all messages I posted
between 8 April and 29 April had the *same* message ID. This should not,
but might bomb Thunderbird. So maybe try this.

sorry, this was not supposed to happen [tm],
Peter