More Thunderbird woes

Patrick Allen pallen3-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 30 05:09:19 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I've been reading that others have had some problems with Thunderbird,
and I thought I'd add what I've just experienced tonight.

My setup has 3 accounts, all nicely divided into various folders.  The
filters do their jobs very well and only rarely do I need to move
anything "manually".

My TLUG folder was by far the largest at over 8000 emails.  But there
are no attachments, so the file size was only about 23M.

Just this evening that folder suddenly became impossible to open.
Attempting to open it brings up the equivalent of the hourglass, and it
stays that way indefinitely.  The application is basically hung at that
point.  But it will never time out on its own.

I was able to go into the .thunderbird folder and archive the text file,
so I didn't lose any of the mail.  I'm just wondering if I came up
against some kind of size limit or something.

Hopefully that's not the case.  My main reason for adopting Thunderbird
is that it's very cross platform.  I've actually copied mailbox folders
from a linux installation to a windows one and it's worked just fine.

Anyone else hit a size limit on folders?

Pat Allen