bogofilter satisfaction report

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 29 17:17:23 UTC 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 12:33:14 -0400
Lennart Sorensen disseminated the following:

> > Yep. I forgot to take Peter's advice and use the *second* Procmail recipe
> > given
> > in the manpage, I was still using this one:
> >
> > :0HB:
> > * ? bogofilter
> > spam
>
> I use:
> :0HB:
> * ? /users/lsorense/local/bin/bogofilter
> $MAILDIR/bogospam
>
> And it works perfectly.  At least with this version of procmail.  The
> other way to do filtering where it does passthrough allows adding the
> header to the message which I am thinking I would like to do so I may
> change to that.  It is also more like how I ran spamassasin before.
>
> > I'm now using the second one (without the -u for now), and it seems to be
> > working (your message got through, eh?).
>
> Great.

Okay, not so great. Now it's letting everything through.

For example, this message:

...was classified correctly, but did not go to $MAILDIR/spam-bogofilter as per:

# filter mail through bogofilter, tagging it as spam and
# updating the wordlist

:0fw
| bogofilter -e -p

# if bogofilter failed, return the mail to the queue, the MTA will
# retry to deliver it later
# 75 is the value for EX_TEMPFAIL in /usr/include/sysexits.h

:0e
{ EXITCODE=75 HOST }

# file the mail to spam-bogofilter if it's spam.

:0:

despite the cutoff being:

spam_cutoff= 0.99

I'm still missing something, but for the life of me I can't see what it is.

--
JoeHill / RLU #282046 / www.freeyourmachine.org
13:12:22 up 67 days, 14:21, 7 users, load average: 0.26, 0.70, 0.98