Any Recommendations for Linux Friendly Digital Still Camera?

B B kioskfan-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 29 15:04:42 UTC 2005

I love my Sony DSC-P7. It is a couple of years old now
but has never failed me. It is only 3.2 mega pixels
but that seems to be enough for my uses. I use it
everyday with Mandrake Linux 10.1 on a Dell Optiplex
with a front USB. You just plug it in and the camera
mounts like a file system and the photo browser
launches automatically, the software is included with
the system install and I have had no reason to replace
it.

This camera also makes MPG movies which are also
reconised by Mandrake.

Speaking about camers in general I find size matters
in that the smaller the camera the more likely I am to
bring it with me. The DSC-P7 uses the Memory Stick and
InfoLithium battery which allow the case to be small
enough that I keep it in a cell phone leather case and
hook it onto my belt.

My parents Canon PowerShot S10 also works the same way
in Mandrake.