Annoying wireless router

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 29 02:57:38 UTC 2005

On 4/28/05, Steven Nagy <Steven.Nagy-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
[...]
> Maybe this is off-list, but I would appreciate it if somebody could give me
> an idea what's happening.
>
> I bought a Motorola wireless router at a BestBuy store in Toronto at Kennedy
> road in March, 2005.
[...]
> I'm fed up with this situation to go back for the third time to the store
> and getting another defective router.
>
> Did anybody have similar problems? Can it be because a power fluctuation? Or
> just the Motorola is not a good brand and the guy gave me another defective
> router which was put aside from another customer. I had to argue with him
> last time, because he didn't even wanted to change it for me in spite of the
> fact that it has 90 days warranty and I bought it just a month ago.

Unfortunately I don't know much about wireless routers.  A line filter
wouldn't hurt though, if you have any reason to suspect power issues.

In any event, I think I'd be considering a call to the store manager,
and pointing that a last trip would be the final one.  An
"inandvertant slip" that there was mention of the situation in a
public forum just might catch their attention*.

- Scott.

[* I used to feel guilty in ways about doing things like that.  Having
worked in IT for a few years now though, I've had the benefit of
learning a bit about customer service.

>From that perspective, practices such as you describe, I find
exceedingly distasteful.  There's more to that story, but I'll keep it
short.  ;-)
]

--
- SGE