TLUG Meeting

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 28 03:54:03 UTC 2005

On 4/27/05, David Wells <linux.gentoo.user-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Well, I tried to make it to yesterday's meeting, I drove up steels
> from mississauga to toronto and I could not find the IBM building
> according to where it was on Google maps.
>
> I am quite upset I missed the meeting, I hope everyone had fun. If
> anyone is attending the meeting and is in Oakville please let me know
> and I would happily contribute for gas :)

I have to say that it is a complex large enough that it should be
difficult to miss.  It is a very large building, complete with signage
pointing you to a special IBM road.

For future reference, a pretty good way to get there ought to be to
take 401E to 404N and then get off at Steeles heading east.  One
corner (at which it should be a good idea to turn in) is at Steeles
and Victoria Park.

It seems surprising that Google Maps would get that wrong; they're
usually pretty good.  If we were in the US, I'd suggest litigating
:-).
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)