TLUG Meeting

John Macdonald john-Z7w/En0MP3xWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 27 19:24:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 01:59:51PM -0400, William Park wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 01:43:44PM -0400, David Wells wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > Well, I tried to make it to yesterday's meeting, I drove up steels
> > from mississauga to toronto and I could not find the IBM building
> > according to where it was on Google maps.
> >
> > I am quite upset I missed the meeting, I hope everyone had fun. If
> > anyone is attending the meeting and is in Oakville please let me know
> > and I would happily contribute for gas :)
>
> IBM building is in east of Victoria.  You can't miss it.

The large green sign (like the ones on the 400-series highways)
labelled "IBM" for the underpass exit ramp to the parking lot
is a clue.  Very few places have their own highway interchange
on a non-highway road.  My guess is that you gave up before
you got there.  From Mississauga it's a loooonnnngggggg way
to drive along Steeles.  I'd come across on the 401 and up the
404 to Steeles instead, and then it's only a couple of blocks
further east.