Modem in Novell Linux Desktop

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 26 16:23:00 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've installed Novell Linux Desktop (freebie from the expo) and am having trouble getting my internal USR hardware 56k modem to work. It's worked fine in Knoppix, Slax and Fedora...

Yast says it cannot detect even after setting it to /dev/ttyS4 (also tried creating a softlink pointing /dev/modem to ttyS4). I still have Fedora Core 3 installed on another partition... can I copy anything from there to help?

Thanks for any help!

-Steve