Computers For Schools (LinuxWorld)

Steve bassix-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 26 02:50:20 UTC 2005

On 4/20/05, Steve Brown <steve-UptpDeB91zClXJ0OY9NZ9g at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I thought they missed an opportunity to show casually interested users some
> of the benefits of switching to Linux. Ok, so they were targeting IT
> managers, but they use desktop & laptop computer too, right?
>
> Strangely enough it was Novell who seemed to get it. During their
> presentation they spoke at length about open source & the GPL, touching on
> some of the benefits of freedom...
>
> I did get on the list to have a shiny new VMware sent to me :). Xandros &
> Novell giving out CD's (lots of DVD's from Novell).

Hey I got the same stuff! I agree completely... I'm a Linux DESKTOP
user myself, and that is where Linux NEEDS much more exposure. I, too
was impressed with Novell (as I was last year as well), even though
they too are mainly enterprise-centric.

Still waiting for my VMware registration as well... can't wait to
relegate wind0ws to life in the virtual machine! hahaha

--
Mozilla Firefox -rediscover the web-