IRC ????

Taavi Burns jaaaarel-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 25 19:12:17 UTC 2005

On 4/25/05, billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org <billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since we are going through and revamping the web page, I would like to know if anyone out there is interested in setting up an irc daemon for TLUG. We have the hardware to host such a beast, but I am looking for a volunteer to set up and configure their favourite irc daemon, and possibly several some irc bots.

There is already an IRC channel hosted at irc.freenode.net:
#toronto-lug.  This has been available since mid-2002.

Despite what some of you may have heard (or, unfortunately,
experienced) it is no longer inhabited by potheads; or, at least, the
topics of conversation no longer revolve around bongs.  :)  We might
actually have more linux conversations if there were more people who
hung out there.

Yikes!  We have 12 idlers right now!  That's up from what I was
expecting (closer to 8). Come on over and chat about Linux. :)  I'm
around most of the day, though I might not notice any chatting for a
couple of hours at a time.  Idling is STRONGLY encouraged.  If you log
in, type a message, and leave again after 2 minutes of not getting a
response, we can't help you.  Rest assured that we will in fact see
your text and get back to you when we get back to IRC (think polling
vs interrupt).  :)

--
taa aka tallo
/*eof*/