DHCP No free leases

Pavel Zaitsev pavel-XHBUQMKE58M at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 25 16:56:12 UTC 2005

jon.dmml-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to set up LTSP and boot one of my computers as a thin
> client, however after setting up dhcpd.conf and booting the thin
> client (using PXE), I get the error in the logs filess
>
> DHCPDISCOVER from 00:07:e9:d2:6b:3a via eth0: network WORKSTATIONS: no
> free leases
>
> This is my currrent conf file
>
> # Sample configuration file for ISCD dhcpd
> #
> # Make changes to this file and copy it to /etc/dhcpd.conf
> #
> ddns-update-style               none;
> default-lease-time              21000;
> max-lease-time                  21000;
>
> option subnet-mask            1.1.1.1 <http://1.1.1.1>;
> option broadcast-address      192.168.0.255 <http://192.168.0.255>;
> option routers                192.168.0.100 <http://192.168.0.100>;
> option domain-name-servers    192.168.0.100 <http://192.168.0.100>;
> option domain-name            "mydomain.com <http://mydomain.com>";
> option root-path              "192.168.0.100:/opt/ltsp/i386";
>
> option option-128 code 128 = string;
> option option-129 code 129 = text;
>
> shared-network WORKSTATIONS {
>     subnet 1.1.1.1 <http://1.1.1.1> netmask 1.1.1.1 <http://1.1.1.1> {
>
>     }
> }
>
> group{
>     use-host-decl-names       on;
>     option log-servers        192.168.0.100 <http://192.168.0.100>;
>
>     host ws001 {
>         hardware ethernet     00:07:e9:d2:6b:3a;
>         fixed-address         192.168.0.1 <http://192.168.0.1>;
>         filename              "/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.22-ltsp-1";
>                 }
>

>     }
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

Hi,
In addition, you probably want to start dhcpd like:
dhcpd eth1
or whichever adapter that is exposed to your local lan. And update your
init scripts/config to use this parameter.
at this point you have to just fiddle, load sample configurations from
google searches see what people have done
with their dhcpd setups.
good luck,
pavel