Unicode-capable, sans-serif terminal fonts?

John Vetterli jvetterli-zC6tqtfhjqE at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 25 16:54:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Pavel Zaitsev wrote:
> Antialiased fonts btw are wrong. Read:
> http://joel.editthispage.com/stories/storyReader$190
> So far I do agree with that document.

He has a point.  The font I use with xterm and rxvt renders characters
only 6 pixels wide.  (I chose this so I could fit two 80-column xterms
side-by-side on my 1024x768 screen.)  If you try to anti-alias text that
small characters like 'W' end up as blobs on non-uniform gray instead of
legible text.  But I do like aa fonts for large text (say, when I'm web
browsing).

Up to 3 cents now.
JV