Anyone in for a new business?

F. Duran liberosec-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 23 21:05:18 UTC 2005

Hello, sorry if this is off-topic.

IÂ’m a software engineer newcomer to Toronto and IÂ’d
like to find people that want to go into an Open
Source service business. IÂ’ve been working
professionally with Linux, databases and networking
for over 7 years.

The objective is to form an organization based in
GTA/Southern ON (traditional company /co-op/
association of consultants) to do what we love and
make money.

The ideal “requirements” I have in mind are:

- 3 or 4 core people of complementary skills.
- starting with little money and little expenses, from
our houses
- Planning to turn a profit in the short term (~ 6
months / 1 year)
- Therefore based on open source services/consulting,
not a new software product.
- This service being offered should be focused or
specialized for business differentiation, and
something that potential customers currently want, not
a new unproven idea.
- Clearly determined and measurable plans &
objectives.

If you are interested please email me for a more
detailed discussion.

Thanks.