Fedora - Trouble with fstab-sync

Paul King pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 23 19:35:16 UTC 2005

Hello

I was wondering if someone can impart some wisdom regarding fstab-sync. I want
to edit /etc/fstab to get some partitions to mount that wouldn't mount under
Disk Druid.

But Fedora decided to introduce a new "innovation" which prevents direct repair
of any problem. This seems to be the role of fstab-sync.

So what do I do now? I have a bunch of partitions under hdb that contain my
/home and /usr/local partitions, among other things.

And, I was also wondering how safe it is to place /var on its own partition?

Paul King            http://alimentarus.net
"Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are captains
of our fate and masters of our soul" -- Unknown