(poll) What kind of meeting do you want?

John Macdonald john-Z7w/En0MP3xWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 22 18:40:32 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 12:38:39PM -0400, William Park wrote:
> Actually, money will solve ALL of our organizational problems.  All free
> locations are very difficult to get to.  IBM, Seneca at YorkU, UofT
> Scarborough campus, and many others have been mentioned.  But, you can't
> get there in reasonable time.  It takes me over 2.5 hours just to get to
> IBM/Seneca place.  Even downtown UofT is 1.5 hour of pain.
>
> That's why we formed <WestTLUG> group, based in Mississauga.  But, we
> don't have critical mass at the moment, so we just meet for dinner.

All locations are difficult to get to for people coming from
far away and easy to get to for people coming from close.
Of course, "far away" and "close" are measured differently for
each person, depending upon whether they are driving a car,
taking TTC, riding a bicycle, etc.  There cannot be an answer
to this that does any better than minimising discomfort by
some measure that has little relationship to the measure for
the various individual people, except in a probabilistic way.

How will providing an executive group with some money to spend
help change this?