Libranet 3.0 out

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 21 17:36:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 01:25:22PM -0400, Franco Saliola wrote:
> I think 'unstable' was a bad naming choice on Debian's behalf. It
> means it is not labelled the stable version, it doesn't really mean it
> is unstable. I think Debian unstable is quite stable, and arguably
> more stable than other stable distributions.

Certainly matches my experience and many other people's.

Debian simply uses the term to describe the version numbers.  stable has
stable version numbers that don't change.  unstable has constantly
changing version numbers.  stable as in system is stable and unchanging,
not that the software is bug free (although they hope that is mostly
true too, in all their versions including unstable and testing).

Lennart Sorensen