Linux equivalent to QNX's spatch utility

Greg Franks rgfranks-cmaem7PIVQT44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 21 15:33:36 UTC 2005

>>>>> "bob" == bob  <fcsoft-3Emkkp+1Olsmp8TqCH86vg at public.gmane.org> writes:

    bob> Way back in my QNX days I used a utility called "spatch"
    bob> which allowed me to display and change contents of binary
    bob> files in what was like an editor.

    bob> It was a little bit like old trusty

    bob> 	od -c myfile

    bob> but much more comprehensive and interactive.

    bob> Does anyone know of a Linux equivalent?

emacs  :-)
All the weird stuff (non-printable ascii) comes out as \xxx though...
There might be a proper "mode" floating around.  I've never looked.
--
         Greg Franks                    <|       _~@ __O     _~@ __O
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada              |O\   -^\<;^\<,   -^\<;^\<,