Meeting videos

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 18 14:31:42 UTC 2005

On 4/18/05, David J Patrick <davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Don't get me wrong, Sy, it could make a worthy documentary, but it's
> easy to underestimate the relentless hard work and heaps of dough it
> takes to make a /good/ documentary. (and that's the only kind I'd want
> to be involved in)
> Packaging (or even producing) fun video clips of guest speakers is
> another thing altogether.

You make some good points.  I guess it would only work out if there
were someone really enthusiastic who had the equipment and time and
expertise to do things.. but yes, even then it might not be a
spectacle worth the effort.  =/

The only other alternative is to have a straightforward only
vaguely-edited lecture-style video which focused on the
presenter/speaker.  This way we could skip most of the concerns about
the general shyness of members in the audience.

Of course, the speaker would need to repeat some of the questions, as
one of my issues with such a thing is that the filming doesn't usually
pick up on the audience's questions of discussion.

We could serve such a thing out via bittorrent and not worry *too*
much about bandwidth..