More TLUG at LinuxWorld Canada updates...

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 17 12:00:34 UTC 2005

"William Park" <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> on Saturday, April 16, 2005 9:53 PM
wrote

> On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 09:37:33PM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> > - 2 x office chairs
> > - 2 x 17" NEC monitors
> > - 2 x mice
> > - 2 x keyboards
> > - 4 x power cords
> > - 1 x power bar
> > - 1 dolly big enough to carry the above
> > - packet of flyers from Innovation Toronto asking for technology
donations

> We need more chairs.  I'll bring 4 patio chairs (green plastics).

We may LIKE some more chairs, BUT we only have 100 sq. feet to play with (a
10 foot x 10 foot booth), and by the time the two tables, the backdrop (with
it's two PCs/ monitors, etc., etc.) are put in, there just is not enough
space for 6 chairs.

Have another look at the booth layout at:

   http://www.learn.ca/tlug/index.html

I put down bits of masking tape to mark off a 10' x 10' square...

My take on this is that we want to encourage people to come into the booth
and talk to the volunteers there, and to encourage people to come into the
booth we want free space, not a wall of tables and/or chairs. So, we want a
fair bit of empty space... I am open to suggestions, but I think 2 chairs is
about all we have room for and still have space to encourage people to come
in and talk to us.

> > Some of the tasks that still to be done:
> >
> > - TLUG promotional flyers need to be printed.
> > - Flyers listing our donors need to be printed
> > - CDs prepared with old presentations need to be prepared for
installation
> > onto machines.
> > - Videos need to be put onto CDs for install onto the machines.
> > - Install the old presentations and videos on the machines
>
> What is the status of the most important things, ie. Ubuntu CDs?

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Monday or Tuesday I will get those CDs.
Word from Leah Cunningham is that she thinks she will be able to get some
goodies from Novell to give away.

Colin McGregor