More TLUG at LinuxWorld Canada updates...

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Apr 17 01:37:33 UTC 2005

Just a few quick updates. I posted a note about updating the pictures of the
booth to the TLUG mailing list at 12:03 PM. Since then I have added one more
picture, of everything packed up, which you can see here:

 http://www.learn.ca/tlug/index.html

The tables and backdrop for the show all fits into two LARGE cases with
wheels on the bottom.

The 2 machines for the booth are:

- Pentium II 400 machines
- 192 MB RAM
- 4 or 6 GB Hard disks
- Knoppix 3.8 installed on the hard drive

Besides the trade show kit and the PCs I have collected:

- 2 x office chairs
- 2 x 17" NEC monitors
- 2 x mice
- 2 x keyboards
- 4 x power cords
- 1 x power bar
- 1 dolly big enough to carry the above
- packet of flyers from Innovation Toronto asking for technology donations

Note that everything is now on wheels and on the lower level of G.T.C.C. so
while some of this stuff may be a pain in the @#$% to lift in/out of Bill
Thanis's van once it is out of the van anyone of the people getting this
e-mail should be able to move it around fairly easily. While I am not sure
of the situation at the convention centre, at least at G.T.C.C. we can just
(literally) roll everything out the door and put it right beside Bill's van.

Game plan currently is for Seneca Cunningham, William Park, Bill Thanis and
myself to meet at Bill's home at 10:30 Monday morning, get into Bill's van,
drive to G.T.C.C., collect the stuff, and before noon be setting up the
booth... This MAY be subject to change, but that is the current plan...

Some of the tasks that still to be done:

- TLUG promotional flyers need to be printed.
- Flyers listing our donors need to be printed
- CDs prepared with old presentations need to be prepared for installation
onto machines.
- Videos need to be put onto CDs for install onto the machines.
- Install the old presentations and videos on the machines

Colin.