High Speed Internet and Modems and stuff

Joseph Kubik josephkubik-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 14 17:22:58 UTC 2005

I appologize, I did not have time to continue the litany of problems.

The fact that it took rogers 10 days to figure out what the problem
was, I find disturbing.
If the signal strength at the wall is low, either backtrace the cable
or run a new one.
If the signal is good at the wall, tell me to run a new line in my house.
The final 10 day resolution was that the cable between my house and
the pole was faulty.

The next problem I encountered was that my neighbor "tapped" my line.
That took me 36 hours to track down a repair.

The next problem took 48 hours to remedy, and was a faulty connection
somewhere in the region of the pole.

Not to mention the ~5+ times that the modem would just drop the link
for a couple of hours, and then come back.

All of this was between Nov-1 and APR-1 (5 months).

5*30 = 150 days, 13.5 days offline, so that is a documented 91% uptime.
So, considerably more reliable than the CRM tool at work, but not
nearly what I expect out of my ISP.

-Joseph-