OT: Anonymous proxys (for film)

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 14 14:35:31 UTC 2005

Ilya Palagin wrote:
> Quoting Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>   I know this sounds dubious and it is off topic but I was hoping
>> someone here might confirm something for me. A client of mine is in
>> the film industry and just gave me a call about a made-for-tv movie he
>> is working on about addiction, including internet/porn addiction.
>>
>>   He has a scene where he wants to show a person at a public library
>> bypassing their filters. The first thing I thought of would be an
>> anonymous proxy but I've not done this before so I didn't want to tell
>> him that for certain.
>>
>>   So my question is just what he asked me: How would someone bypass
>> filters at a library? It can't be an uber-l33t thing, it should be a
>> relatively accessible thing. This is a normal person supposedly.
>

> See "Firewall piercing HOWTO".
> Actually, in movies hackers usually open binary files in editors with
> lots of
> icons, maybe this is what the film maker needs? :-)

Gah! Not if I have any influence (which I don't, really). Every time I
see a movie on hacking I go bonkers at the interfaces used. It would be
so nice to see a somewhat accurate portrayal someday. In this case
though the person is supposed to be "Joe Ordinary" so l33t stuff
wouldn't fit anyway.

I'll Google that string, thanks!

Madison