ubuntu apt-get nuthin !

Andy Ransom tlug-hiR2G3KNSfg at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 13 21:15:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, David J Patrick wrote:

> Is it just me, or has the ubuntu team gone on an extended bender, since
> the release of Hoary Hedgehog ?

Doesn't that depend on which release you are looking for updates to?

> I've had nary an up grade since the release, and I find it hard to
> believe the worldwide debian development community has taken the week
> off, too.

If you are using Hoary then it is now a baselined release, there will be
minimal changes to it from now on, just security issues and critical bugs.

If you want to follow the latest and greatest packages you need to be
looking at the Breezy Badger release, but that is brand spanking new and
might not be too stable for a while.

I say might because I have no looked at Breezy at all yet and didn't look
at the Hoary release until it was fairly mature so don't have any direct
experience to judge this by.

     Andy