Offsite-Use water

Anthony de Boer adb-tlug-AbAJl/g/NLXk1uMJSBkQmQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 13 17:43:15 UTC 2005

Henry Spencer wrote:
> At least the older ones are entirely ceramic... but "ceramic" is like
> "metal", it's a very generic term for a wide class of materials.  There
> are metals that will melt in the palm of your hand.  There are others that
> will stay solid at blinding white heat.  Same story for ceramics:  the
> fact that you can build kilns with *some* ceramics says nothing about the
> heat resistance of ceramic toilet tanks.

Many TLUG members may be unaware of Henry's other interests, but if
anyone here could find a re-entry-qualified toilet tank, he'd be the
one.

(Caveats include the plastic flapper-valve and its seal.  And the
traditional path of wisdom has always been OFFSITE backups.)

(Any chance you could do a talk on computing aspects of space projects
you've been involved with?  I don't think it'd have to necessarily be
Linux-related to still be of great interest to TLUG members.)

--
Anthony de Boer