High Speed Internet and Modems and stuff

William O'Higgins william.ohiggins-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 13 17:24:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 11:51:48AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 11:40:37AM -0400, Jon Thiele wrote:
>> very strange - i have never experienced anything like this...  i've used
>> linksys, smc and even the low-end dlinks without issues.  old firmware
>> maybe???
>
>Updated many times, never made a difference.  I get occasional crashes
>on my USR8054 WAP too, although nowhere near as often as my parents.  I
>keep wondering if they are sensitive to bad power (in which case I
>should plug them into a UPS I guess).

I have found that mine doesn't seem to care about power fluctuations, as
I have used it in places with terrible power consistency and it just
keep working - the up-time counter wraps at a thousand hours I have
discovered :-)

Given your skill and patience (you keep helping me out, for example) you
must have a bad/flaky device.
--

yours,

William