Offsite backups for the rest of us?

Sy sy1235-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 11 20:16:12 UTC 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 2:32 PM, Henry Spencer <henry-lqW1N6Cllo0sV2N9l4h3zg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Sy wrote:
> > I never thought about the sandbag thing.. would that actually be of real help?
>
> Anything that helps keep hot air and hot falling debris away from the
> box's surface will help *some*.  Note that the other part of that
> suggestion was "basement corner", which puts three of the box's six sides
> against outside surfaces that have lots of thermal inertia and are likely
> to stay relatively cool.

Very good point.  Hmm.. I'm on the first floor and I have a corner
apartment.  I suppose I could do something with that corner.  I wonder
how good soil is as compared to sand.. I'm thinking of having a little
garden there.. and the box would be underneath a table of plants.

The wierd thing is that the floor is that crappy "hardwood" which is
practically made to burn.  =/