Java on Mandrake

Michael Yang lr1003-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 9 16:51:46 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I have just installed the JRE 1.4 on Mandrake 10.1. The jave directory is /usr/java/j2re..., however when I point the path in Opera or other Browser, Java applet on the web can not be recognized. I have checked the mandrake site and it mentioned a script under /etc/profile.d, however I didn't find the scirpt after installation. 'Which java' reported nothing found (under 'su'). I appreciate someone point me to the right direction.

By the way, any recommendations for a realiable BT Torrent client under Linux?

Have a good weekend everyone,

Michael

http://mail.yahoo.com