TLUG Uniform

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 9 01:12:26 UTC 2005

From: "William Park" <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> on Friday, April 08, 2005 7:30
PM wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 06:59:24PM -0400, Colin McGregor wrote:
> > I did some quick checks on my way home today and found on quantities of
10
> > we can get white polo shirts with a generic penguin image and some
lettering
> > for $17.99 each from a shop on Queen St. (order would have to be placed
by
> > next Tuesday). The T-Rack store in the Eaton Centre (on quantities of
10)
> > can get us a generic penguin motif ties for $21.00 each.
> >
> > Other thoughts/options?
>
> Waste of money.  They won't remember us for how we dress, but rather
> what we give out.  Freebies, freebies, freebies...

Well, if they do remember us for how we dress it likely means we have done
something very right, or more likely something very wrong.

I was in New Orleans in 1988 for a Science Fiction convention, and I still
remember some of the people because of how they dressed. There was one woman
who I saw on the streets of New Orleans (she was attending the convention),
and she was wearing a chain mail bikini with nothing behind the chain mail
(for those of you who don't what chain mail is, it is an early type of
armour, made from lots of tiny interlocking metal rings, how anyone could
wear that over some of the most sensitive parts of the body without any
protection I don't know...). The other folks I remember from New Orleans
were a group of about a dozen big husky guys (looked like they could have
been truck drivers) all wearing pink tutus...

If we let our leader Drew Sulivan decide dress code I assume it would
involve black leather, handcuffs, and whips...

So, the question is can we do this right, distinctive, positive, etc.. Or do
we just say "dress casual", i.e. polo/golf shirt...

Colin McGregor