Donations [was Re:Linux World Canada Planning meeting]

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 8 12:45:16 UTC 2005

"Robert Brockway" <rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org> on Thursday, April 07, 2005 7:50
PM wrote:

> Here is an update on the donations:
>
> Donors:
>
> David J Patrick $10
> William Park $10
> Robert Brockway $10 (Held by Robert Brockway)
> John Myshrall $20 (Held by Robert Brockway)
> OpenTrend Solutions $60 (Held by Robert Brockway)
>
> So I will deliver $90 in donations to whoever is the responsible person
> handling the purchase of power.
>
> I'll need a receipt for the OpenTrend Solutions donation.
>
> We're actually $10 over but this may be useful for incidentals relating to
> the show.

I sent this message out with the attached the full price list from the
convention centre but that may have been caught up in the mailing list's
spam filters. If anyone want to see the WHOLE price list, e-mail me and I
will send you the .pdf file. In summary here are the numbers we are most
concerned about:

800 watt, 120 volt duplex outlet, approx. 6 amps (E800) - Rear of Booth -
$131.00
1500 watt, 120 volt duplex outlet, approx. 12 amps (E1500) - Rear of Booth -
$149.00
15 amp, 120 volt duplex outlet, (CS120115) - Rear of Booth - $175.00
24 hour, 15 amp, 120 volt duplex outlet, (E150024) - Rear of Booth - $225.00

These prices do NOT include GST... (i.e. the $131 will in reality be
$140.17, etc...). Now, since the plan is to work with laptops the 800 watt
option should be good enough, and the 24 hour service excessive...

Other donation news I have had word back from the Ubuntu Linux people, and
with a little bit of luck we will have lots of copies of Ubuntu to give away
at the show !!!

Colin McGregor