IPV6 questions

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 7 23:17:41 UTC 2005

  One part of my "playing around on linux project" after I finish my
taxes.

  I think that IStop supports IPV6.  This is due to my experience with
the "Gentoo install boobytrap".  The Gentoo install searches for Gentoo
mirrors just *BEFORE* the chroot phase of the install.  The live CD
finds a bunch of mirrors on IPV6 addresses.  Then it chroots.  The
chrooted environment doesn't support IPV6, so the install dies because
it can no longer contact the list of mirrors... dumb, but I digress.

So far, I've found two classes of "documentation" about IPV6...
  - extremely detailed *TECHNICAL SPECS*
  - dumbed-down "Power Point Presentations for PHBs"

  What I'm looking for is a documention on the web about *USING* IPV6.
For example, how do I set up iptables under IPV6, and other real-world
stuff?

An infinite number of monkeys pounding away on keyboards will
eventually produce a report showing that Windows is more secure,
and has a lower TCO, than linux.