Interesting SATA/SCSI question/problem

Lance F. Squire lance-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 7 18:20:18 UTC 2005

I just installed a new SATA drive in my computer.

Previously to this it only had 1 IDE drive (hda) 1 CD-Rom (hdc) and 2
external SCSI drives.(sda and sdb If I recall)

The problem is, when I activate the SATA drive, it comes up as sda and
the external SCSI drives are ignored. (The Bios sees them, Windows sees
them, Though Windows98 dosen't see the SATA drive(Non issue))

Is there a way I can get FC3-64 to see both the SATA and SCSI drives?

Where should I be looking?

Lance