GNU Build Utilities

John Wildberger wildberger-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 30 23:49:34 UTC 2004

I would like to use the GNU build utiities automake and autoconfig to generate
an executable file from a simple c program.
I have in directory ~/hello the source (hello.c) of the famous "Hello World"
program.
I also checked that I have the build utilities properly installed.
I am logged in as user and I use Mandrake 10.
Question: What sequence of commands are required to achieve my goal?
The manuals for automake and autoconfig seem to be written for those who know
how to do it, but not for those who have never done it. Catch 22 :-(
John